OK so this month, I’m doing a 2-for-1…I’m gonna pull up some of my favorite Proverbs so far from the month of March and my take on them, and do my usual recap…
Proverbs 10:3 The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.
- He will satisfy the Soul of the Righteous…Your desire for Him, He will satisfy your soul with His goodness
Proverbs 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom
- If you get pleasure from doing evil, whether thoughts or deeds, the bible calls you a fool
Proverbs 9:7 He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot
- A scorner being a mocker, a “clown”…trying to correct such people will just make you feel like the fool because he will just try and embarrass you and will probably succeed…don’t even bother…
Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I [wisdom] hate
Proverbs 8:36 But he that sinneth against me [wisdom] wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death
- In fact, the whole Proverbs 8 lol…
Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: a proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 5:15 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well
- Live from YOUR OWN pocket, not from someone else (i.e. debt, credit cards, even living off someone else’s revelation, testimony, faith, hope, conviction, or passion…get your own…)
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life
- previously blogged…
Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established
- previously blogged
And now some lessons:
- Sometimes it takes you putting yourself in a MORE vulnerable situation to get over the initial vulnerable situation…2 is better than one…
- Accommodating everyone will give you a headache…some things you just need to do for yourself
- Good friends will help you find yourself…a bad friend will help you loose yourself
- Capitalism is the downfall of any purity………..
- Until you get to the point where you don’t WANT anybody, you will never NEED God
- Your life is in His hands, but the choices are in yours…
- You can’t be thankful if you’re not content
- Don’t throw your pearls to the swine, but you still have to give them something to play with…
- In every assumption, one person turns out to be a fool
- A friendship without boundaries is like a car without breaks
- If you think about it, most of the things/actions/episodes of our lives that we hate were done on or around “bad days”. You can look at this one of two ways: 1. The bad days were a ploy to distract you so you can do the foolishness; 2. It was a bad day because you were going to do the foolishness; 3. it was a coincidence…either way, if you elimate the bad days, you’ll probably eliminate a lot of the foolishness you do…
- Your most random thoughts are usually an indication to what is TRULY going on in you heart. If we all just stopped dismissing them as just random and looked into them just a BIT more in depth, we’d see what our heart is trying to tell us, and that some certain issues need to be addressed…
I think it’s fair to say I learnt a lot this month
Be blessed 🙂Like what you're reading? Don't forget to share it with a friend too!
Follow me to make sure you don't miss a single scoop