Now, if you love hearty soups, this recipe is for you. Personally, I dislike soups that are watery and was thrilled when I discovered this hearty, healthy soup that tastes divine! I love sweet potatoes, and I find that lentils are such a nice touch to this recipe. The flavours are rich and sweet, and it’s very filling!
Recommended Kitchen Appliances:
- Large pot
- Hand blender or regular blender
- Slotted spoon
- Chopping board
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin organic olive oil (or whichever oil you use)
- 1 red onion, cut
- 2/3 organic garlic cloves (to taste)
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled, and cubed
- 2 cans organic bijoux vets lentils
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- Heat the oil in the pot while chopping the onions, and cook them until they start to soften. Add all the spices (except the black pepper) to the pot
- While the spices simmer away, peel and cut the sweet potatoes and keep to one side
- Melt the stock pot in 600mls of boiling water
- Drain the canned lentils in a sieve – normally, it is best to rinse canned beans a few times, however because these are organic and with no added salt, a quick rinse will be fine.
- Add the sweet potatoes, stock liquid, and lentils to the pot and boil on medium heat until the sweet potatoes soften
- If you have a hand blender, take the pot off the fire and blend the mixture in short pulses, not to blend the entire mixture, leave chunks of sweet potatoes and lentils. Simmer for 10 more minutes adding black pepper to taste.
- If you have a regular blender, scoop half of the mixture in the blender and blend. Pour the blended mixture back in the pot and simmer for 10 more minutes while adding black pepper to taste.
Let me know how it goes guys 🙂
Don’t forget to comment, share & subscribe! 🙂Like what you're reading? Don't forget to share it with a friend too!
Follow me to make sure you don't miss a single scoop