This weeks post isn’t going to be anything deep or life breaking; instead I’m just sharing some basic human principles – be kind to people.
The more I go through life, the more I realise that a little bit of kindness can go a lot of way, and a lot of kindness can cross generations.
I think one bad thing about our current generation is that it has made us think too highly of ourselves; we can post and share how something made us feel in a matter of seconds so much so that situations that sometimes aren’t even about us, become about us.
This overindulgence with “self” has meant that a lot of now subconsciously have negative opinions about everyone else except ourselves, and treat others in ways that perfectly proves it.
- Think the best of people – everyone thinks the worst now, so everyone acts the worst
- Treat others how you would want to be treated – in my job, I encounter people with mental health conditions which causes them to suffer from incontinence, yes, the smell of urine is strong, but if I was ill and lost control of my bodily functions, I would still want to be treated like a human.
- Don’t try to be everyone’s saviour – most times, people just need a good ear and a hug
- Don’t be to proud to genuinely listen to the perspectives of others, especially when there’s a recurring pattern being you in the wrong
- Be kind to everyone, no one should feel like they don’t have a friend – there are too many people in the world so us to be suffering from so much loneliness
- Ask someone what you can do to help them with the intention of actually helping them.
I challenge you all this week to befriend someone who you would usually turn your nose up at; listen to their story, and share yours with them
Much love, and thank you for tuning in every week guys!
Fatmohn ScoopLike what you're reading? Don't forget to share it with a friend too!
Follow me to make sure you don't miss a single scoop